Campus Application Deadline: November 6, 2014
National Application Deadline: February 3, 2015
The Truman Scholarship provides up to $30,000 in funding to actively involved student leaders pursuing graduate degrees in public service fields. Students must be college juniors at the time of selection. The Foundation also provides assistance with career counseling, internship placement, graduate school admissions, and professional development.
The Truman is open to all juniors and seniors who expect to receive a baccalaureate degree between December 2014 and August 2015 and who wish to pursue graduate school in preparation for work in government and public service.
Applicants for the Truman Scholarship must meet the following:
- Attend an accredited college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Be in the upper quarter of their junior class.
- A wish to influence public policies, and
- Outstanding leadership potential.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- 3:00 – 3:50 p.m., Monday, October 13, 2014, 173Q MGH Team Room
- 1:00 – 1:50 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2014, 173Q MGH
Campus Application Can be found at this link:
For more information, please see the Truman or Udall websites:
Or the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards webpage:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:
Mona Pitre-Collins | Director, Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards
Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity | 171 Mary Gates Hall | Box 352803
University of Washington | Seattle | WA 98195 | 206-221-6059 | Fax 206-685-7264