Attention Juniors & Seniors!
Gain Experience and Make a Difference
Be A Tutor-Mentor: EDUC 401 F & G
UW’s Academic Support Program is offering a service-learning seminar titled “EDUC 401: Tutoring and Mentorship in Higher Education” in Winter Quarter 2015. This weekly seminar introduces juniors and seniors to tutoring, mentoring, and teaching methodologies. Students apply what they learn in class through tutoring and mentoring new transfer, freshman, and sophomore students who are transitioning socially, culturally, and academically to the UW. This is a great opportunity for seasoned students to give back to UW by sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Seminar begins the 1stweek of Winter Quarter, January 5th, 2015
- Seminar meets on Mondays from 3:30-4:50 PMor from 6:00-7:20 PM
- Tutoring takes place on campus
- Receive 2 creditsfor working with one student, or receive 3 credits for working with two students
- A letter of recommendation will be available upon request after completion of the seminar
For more information, visit our website at:
For registration information, please contact Leslie Ikeda at: