Curriculum Vitae Writing Workshop:
- TODAY, Monday, February 2, 2015, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/237, though drop-ins are also welcome!
Develop your undergraduate CV/Resume for use in scholarship, fellowship, research opportunities, and graduate school applications! Bring a working draft, such as an existing resume, and a list of activities, experiences, jobs, honors, etc.
UK & Ireland Scholarships:
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 1:30-2:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/200, though drop-ins are also welcome!
The UK & Ireland Scholarship application process provides students with the opportunity to present their qualifications for the campus nomination for scholarships that support graduate studies at colleges and universities in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. These scholarships are the Churchill, the Marshall, the Mitchell and the Rhodes. The Gates Cambridge does not require a campus endorsement or nomination; however, notifying the Office of your intentions to apply allows us to connect you with resources and to support the development of a competitive application
Personal Statement Writing Workshop
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 3:30-4:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/236, though drop-ins are also welcome!
Applying for scholarships, internships, and graduate/professional programs often requires a personal statement or application letter. This type of writing requires you to outline your strengths confidently and concisely, which can be challenging. Personal Statement Workshops provide students with essential information to develop an understanding of not only writing about their interests, eligibility and suitability for applications, but also to learn how their statements provide evidence of their achievements that aren’t reflected in other parts of an application.
Scholarships 201: The Search for Undergraduate Scholarships & Graduate Fellowships
- Thursday, February 5, 2015, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/245, though drop-ins are also welcome!
This workshop provides assistance to continuing students looking to fund undergraduate academic years and graduate school. This will include information on discipline specific scholarships, campus funding opportunities, scholarship search sites, and tips to develop competitive applications.
Getting Great Recommendation Letters
- Thursday, February 12, 2015, 3:30-4:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP to attend at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/289, though drop-ins are also welcome!
This workshop will help you plan ahead for developing strong relationships with faculty and other mentors, asking for letters of recommendation, and preparing your recommenders to write you stellar letters.