unpaid, but room & board paid for; possibility of earning academic credit; minimum commitment 6-8 weeks; deadline: May 15, 2015
Chincoteague Bay Field Station is seeking candidates for its brand new internship position in Marketing & Outreach. Spend your summer exploring the coastal environments of the Eastern Shore of Virginia through the lens of your camera/smartphone and while writing about CBFS’s educational programs on their blog. This position is ideal for an ambitious, outgoing, and enthusiastic storyteller. Candidates must be comfortable interviewing and have excellent writing skills. The Marketing & Outreach Intern will work directly with the Marketing & Development Coordinator to develop content for a new blog on CBFS’s website and to provide updated content on all social media sites. The intern will also assist in outreach events in the local community.
- To create interesting and consistent content for the CBFS’s blog through interviewing, storytelling, photography, and research of local history.
- To utilize CBFS’s social media sites in a professional way that is consistent with the branding of the organization.
- To actively promote the organization in local outreach events.
- Outgoing and willing to interact with and interview people.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with blogs and major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work 4 days per week, including some weekends.
- Experience with photography/photojournalism/video.
- Preferred: Some course work focused on writing, journalism, marketing, photography, or the like. Willing to work with candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm and potential.
- Room & Board – on campus housing is provided for non-local candidates.
- This internship may be available for course credit. We will work with your university to make accommodations as needed.
- Experience working with a thriving organization where you can build a substantial portfolio of writing, photography, video, and social media based projects.
- Cover Letter including what skills you will bring to the position
- 3 References
- Links to any of your blogs, writing samples, social media sites, etc.
- 1-2 Writing Samples
- Available start/end dates
Start dates are flexible but must be available for a continuous 6-8 week period in May, June, or July 2015.
Applications should be submitted to Elise Trelegan (email@example.com) by May 15, 2015.