There are many ways to connect with the University of Washington’s Marine Biology program. This section is designed to help you figure out which tools best fit your needs. It also provides tips and tricks for making the best use of these resources.
Please begin by choosing the option that best describes you:
- The listserv is where the most pertinent Marine Biology minor details will be pushed out – things like course offerings, changes to minor requirements, Friday Harbor opportunities, upcoming events, etc. Minors’ UW email addresses will automatically be subscribed to the listserv. If you would like to register an additional email address, please email email@example.com. Please note: If your UW email address forwards to your personal email you might get duplicate emails if you register both. Please make a habit of opening and reading all emails from the listserv.
- Jobs, internships, volunteer, research, and funding opportunities will be posted to the Marine Biology Student Services Blog & the new LinkedIn University of Washington Marine Biology Student Group. I will also post general Marine Biology advising tips, community events, and program stories to these sites. If you have appreciated having these types of opportunities come directly to your inbox, please follow/join one or both of these groups (I recommend LinkedIn) and sign up for a daily or weekly email digest.
- Want to connect with other students, alumni, and marine biology enthusiasts in the community? “Like” our new Facebook Page and/or follow us on Twitter The Marine Biology at University of Washington Facebook Group will be slowly fazed out this year. The group will still be moderated, but the bulk of the communication will happen on the Page.
- Due to student interest, we will be looking into the most effective ways to incorporate YouTube and Instagram into communication over the coming year. Stay tuned….
- Not sure where to start? I will be offering Marine Biology social media and online tools training sessions during summer and Autumn Quarter. Sign up for session today!
- Visit the marine biology website to learn more about our program offerings
- “Like” us on Facebook to follow our latest research and news stories
- Follow our Twitter feed @MarineBiologyUW
- Contact the marine biology adviser to set up an appointment to learn more (recommended for current UW Students, Potential Transfer Students, & High School Juniors & Seniors – not recommend for students prior to their junior year of high school)
- Please stay in touch by “Like-ing” our new Facebook page and following us on Twitter
- For jobs, funding, and research opportunities that are appropriate for graduates, please submit a request to join our new LinkedIn University of Washington Marine Biology Alumni Group. Feel free to start your own discussions and post jobs to the group. 🙂 This is your space – have fun with it!
- “Like” our Facebook page & join in the discussion. Please feel free to share stories about your own research and publications as well as course offerings
- Want to raise awareness about a cool course you are teaching or an awesome marine biology project you are working on? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a blog submission
- Looking for an intern or research assistant? Email email@example.com to share your position with undergrads and/or marine biology alumni